About Western Dermatology
Welcome to Western Dermatology, the Practice of Clinical Professor Prasad Kumarasinghe, Consultant Dermatologist.
Dr Prasad Kumarasinghe received his Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS, University of Colombo) in 1983 and completed his Doctor of Medicine (MD, University of Colombo) in 1989. Dr Kumarasinghe trained further in dermatology in Sri Lanka and Australia. Dr Kumarasinghe is a Fellow of the Australasian College of Dermatologists (FACD), a Fellow of the Singapore Academy of Medicine (FAMS), a Fellow of the Sri Lanka College of Dermatologists (FSLCD) and a Fellow of the Ceylon College of Physicians (FCCP). He worked as a Consultant Dermatologist at several university teaching hospitals in Sri Lanka and Singapore before commencing practice in Australia.
Dr Kumarasinghe is a leading authority on pigmentary disorders and tropical dermatology. He is a regular speaker at many national and international dermatology forums including the World Congress of Dermatology, International Congress of Dermatology and the International Pigment Cell Conference. He has authored or co-authored over 100 scientific papers in reputed medical journals and written chapters in several internationally-recognised dermatology textbooks. Dr Kumarasinghe is currently editing a book on pigmentary disorders by Springer Publishers.
Clinical Professor Kumarasinghe's notable positions of responsibility include:
- Consultant Dermatologist at Hollywood Private Hospital, Fiona Stanley Hospital and St John of
God Subiaco Hospital
- Clinical Professor at the School of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia
- Associate Editor, Australasian Journal of Dermatology
- Editorial Board Member, International Journal of Dermatology
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology
- Clinical Supervisor of Dermatology Registrars at Fiona Stanley Hospital
- Director of the International Society of Dermatology
- Founding President and Council Member of the Vitiligo Association of Australia
- Founding President and Council Member of the Asian Society for Pigment Cell Research